The content of this site is no longer up to date and the community is no longer active. It is kept online to serve as an archive of the early days of TransforMice and its community.
history of the versions
The almighty goddess shaman decided to grant shamans with more powers!
Specialization opportunities are now presented to you! Our brand new experience system enables you to evolve your shaman up to level 100! With each level you will gain a skill point. Use them wisely to improve your shaman!
Will you be oriented towards mouse helping, boosts or building? It's up to you to decide when choosing where to invest your skill points!
How to level up?
You earn experience points everytime you bring back a cheese to the hole and everytime you save a little mouse (limited to 25 saved mice per round). You'll see a yellow message everytime someone has leveled up in your room.
What are skill points?
You earn one skill point everytime you level up. Use them wisely to unlock new skills and specialize your shaman.
What do these skills do?
3 different skill trees are available and each of them have 15 different skills. Don't be scared to be lost though! A tooltip will appear everytime you drag your mouse on one of the skill icon.
What is a skill tree?
Imagine a real tree with branches and leaves. Every leaf is a skill in-game, and every branch is one of the possible skill lanes that you can pick. However, you can't have all the skills at the same time because, in order to keep the game balanced, the maximum amount of skill points that you can obtain will be just enough to choose your strategy. So try to optimize your choices in order to become the best Shaman!
Can we buy skills with fraises or cheese?
No! You can only get new skills by investing your skill points.
I've made a mistake, can I reset my points?
Yes! You can click on this button to reset your points. But be careful, it has a cheese cost.
Thanks to Sydoline for this uptade review.
Two new items
Bamboo stick (mouth)
Panda Hat (head)
New fur : Panda
New tab "SALES" in the shop, only fraises can be sales. Every Fridays new items are chosen to be sales.
New command : /lua
It's a programing command for peoples who had access, for simple users, this commnand can be used like notepad (should be noted that the text entered remains after disconnection).
Useful for mapmaker
- Shamans can't freeze mice if no one entered in the hole.
- Fixed the room 801. It won't play vanilla map anymore.
- Small changes to map editor.
- New minigame : DEFILANTE.
The following countries can now use Allopass for purchasing Fraises:
- Argentina: AR
- Chile: CL
- Colombia: CO
- Costa Rica: CR
- Ecuador: EC
- El Salvador: SV
- Guatemala: GT
- Honduras: HN
- Mexico: MX
- Nicaragua: NI
- Panama: PA
- Peru: PE
- Dominican Republic: DO
- Venezuela: VE
- New fur (Red Panda)
- Fixed shaman spawning in racing.
Quick patch :
- New racing rotation and a new racing category.
- The bug that prevents linux to connect is now fixed.
- Fixed the double shaman bug.
- Mice will now correctly spawn in racing.
- Several paypal bugs have been fixed.
- The 0 map now appears less frequently.
- Racing maps last 1 minute now.
- The shaman won't become larger anymore when it uses an emotion.
- The mouse wheel has been fixed for Google Chrome users.
- You can't use more than 64 characters in your room name anymore.
- We changed the EN2 flag to avoid any confusion.
- The frequency of vampire maps has been lowered to 1/8.
- You can now unignore someone by typing the command /ignore Nickname again.
- You can now choose the room you want to login in.
- Shamans can now kill and freeze two mice per round. These mice will become iceblocks and will share the anvil properties.
- New mode : RACING.
Adding of the German community.
The EN1 server will remain the international community
The EN2 server will become the official English community with language filters!
- You can now get gifts on the playermaps too.
- The christmas map will be less rare.
- Added a SMS solution payment for the RO community.
- The red anchor will now work correctly.
- Grounds will now display correctly in the map editor.
- Some titles have been fixed / translated.
- Bootcamp titles have been added to your profile !
- /np is now fixed ! Bots should be able to work again as soon as the botmakers will be aware of this.
- /info is now available for players! It will display the information about the current map. You can type /info @code to get the information about a special map.
- I'm now able to create cheese gift codes. I'll use this tool for map contest mainly.
- The Halloween event has been removed.
[•] Jamiison - @2598599 - 9 - 88% - P7
[•] Author - @code - Number of votes - % of yes - Status
Report system fixes and improvment:
- You won't be able to use the report system if you don't have at least 100 cheese.
- Guests can now be reported.
- Added a /report "Nickname" command.
- Moderators and Modbots can't be reported anymore.
- "Jumplock" has been fixed.
One brand new slot : tail jewellery !
14 new items !
Two new communities !
We've noticed several Romanian and Indonesian players trying to find others who speak their languages in order to play with them. So we thought these players deserved to be able to play together in their own community!
Please welcome these two new communities !
A new rotation and a new map category for bootcamp !
P13 : This new category will contain a lot more maps than P3 so these maps will be played less. That's why some general bootcamp criteria will be changed for P13. The map crew is still working on a guideline for it, so all I can say for new is the standards will be lowered for P13.
New rotation : P3 / P13 / P3 / P13 ... etc
31 brand-new bootcamp titles! Are you a neophyte or a bootcamp master? Let's figure it out !
You need to be at least 5 mice in a room to earn a title/point.
You win a point each time you end a map, no matter if the map is P3 or P13
Bootcamp points aren't shown on the profile at the moment, but be sure Tigrounette will do it soon !
New shop :
About fraises : the icon is now included into the shop but you can’t purchase them yet.
New map rotation :
Vanilla / Normal or Protected (P0/P1) / Art map (P5) / Misc map (P9) /
Vanilla / Mechanism map (P6) / No-shaman map (P7) / Cooperation map (P8) /
Vanilla / Normal or Protected (P0/P1) / Shaman map (P4) / Mechanism map (P6) /
With the large majority of the maps in the p2 category being shaman maps, P2 has been removed from the game.
New commands :
Use /silence [reason] to allow friends to whisper you when you’ve disabled your whispers.
Use /silence* [reason] to disable whispers for everyone.
Editor changes :
You can now use Ctrl + Z to undo the last action.
You can now use Ctrl + Y to redo a previous action that you’ve chosen to undo.
You can use Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Y for the last 100 actions.
You can now correctly add a cheese/hole in the foreground.
You can now use /silence [reason] correctly with special letters.
/silence is back to normal : friends and tribemates can’t whisper you anymore.
Map editor improvements :
Two new monochromatic grounds. You can colorize them and re-size them as you want! Ideal for art map makers!
New shaman options : portals.
Runes and balloons now correctly collide with mice if they aren’t transparent (ghost). The balloons that shamans spawn are transparent and ghosted by default. Shamans can choose to make them collide with mice by pressing space.
The balloons have more friction now, and mice can grip it to guide it.
Beware! A balloon may explode if there are too many mice on it. (Will explode if there are 10 mice on it, and can explode if there are 3 to 9 mice.)
Runes and balloons correctly collide with ghost shaman items.
Runes and balloons correctly collide with ghost grounds.
MAP UPDATE !
I. New types of maps
Very good map
Trap/cooperation/monster map/advanced editor map (mechanism)
Map without shaman (racing)
2 shaman coop map
Halfway between Protected and Very good map (Better than "protected" but not good enough to be classified as "very good map".)
II. New Rotation
Vanilla / Normal or Protected / Very good map / Art map /
Vanilla / Normal or Protected / Halfway between Protected and Very good map / Racing /
Vanilla / Normal or Protected / Very good map / Cooperation map /
Vanilla / Normal or Protected / Shaman map / Mechanism map /
IV. Minor changes
Map edition is now free.
The popup vote window has changed to avoid automatic "no".
The Christmas event is removed : Decorations and snow grounds will remain in the map editor.
Turkish players can no longer speak in the Russian community.
Deleted maps will no longer be played in normal rooms.
• Tribe nicknames is now in another color.
• Your avatar is now the wear of your mouse.
• Two new maps
• Bug fixes...
- [version 1.666]
- [version 0.169]
- [version 0.168]
- [version 0.167]
- [version 0.166]
- [version 0.165]
- [version 0.164]
- [version 0.163]
- [version 0.162]
- [version 0.161]
- [version 0.160]
- [version 0.159]
- [version 0.158]
- [version 0.156]
- [version 0.155]
- [version 0.154]
- [version 0.152]
- [version 0.151]
* Friends list updated upon login (green names of friends show up without having to open friend's list)
* Guests can get firsts again.
* Guest shamans no longer die when touching hole with cheese first.
* Fixed death glitch that happens occasionally at beginning of a new round (if you died right as the previous round ended).
* Tribe founders are now a higher rank than Spiritual Chiefs (unconfirmed)
* New titles for cheese gathered
- [version 0.150]
- [version 0.149]
- [version 0.146]
- [version 0.145]
- [version 0.144]
- [version 0.142]
- [version 0.141]
- [version 0.140]
- [version 0.139]
- [version 0.138]
- [version 0.136]
- [version 0.135]
- [version 0.134]
- [version 0.132]
- [version 0.129]
- No more gifts.
- Countdown at the beginning of each level.
- [version 0.126]
- [version 0.125]
- [version 0.124]
- [version 0.120]
- New login interface.
- Spawn range radius displayed around Shamans.
- You can now add more objects in the map editor.
- [version 0.118]
- [version 0.117]
- 80 news titles, including a new category : titles in relation to the number of owned items in the shop.
- /vanilla to acces to a vanilla room (official maps only).
- Vanilla and bootcamp links added to the menu.
- [version 0.115]
- /bootcamp to access to a bootcamp room (pgm training maps).
- [version 0.114]
- [version 0.111]
- [version 0.108]
- The Tribes are officially unleashed !! Create your Tribe by clicking the Menu button > Tribe
Type T to talk in your Tribe's channel
- A few improvements were made on the animations' engine, it should run a bit smoothier.
- [version 0.106]
- Avatars are back : 40*40, 5 kB, jpg.
- The avatar shown during a game is the shaman's one.
- Link to send a PM through the official forum in the player menu.
- [version 0.104]
- 5 new official "cheese thief" maps
- New mode : "shaman thief" : the shaman is the cheese thief!
- The guests are now called "*Mouse"
- The game has been translated into russian and portuguese.
- [version 0.101]
- Fixing bugs, including /t command for Russian server.
- A map rotation has been set : two officials, one custom.
- Now a simple link to the forum appears when you enter the game.
New moderation tools.
A new serveur (ng).
- /dance, /laught and /cry are now vectorial.
- You may not MMV anymore with /dance, /laught and /cry.
- New phpBB forum, deletion of the flash one.
- 10 new items in the shop.
Mice died 30 seconds after the beginning of the game.
Update deleted because it was unplayable.
- Chat fixed.
- 8 new maps.
- You can now have 100 friends instead of 50.
- New Brazilian server ! http://www.transformice.com/br/
- Changes on the friends list
- Permanent maps.
- 20 cheese to make a map.
- 7 new items in the shop.
- [version 0.45/6]
- Great anti-cheat program.
- Fiexed of some bugs, especially for the cages.
- 14 new maps with special effects for most of them.
- Coming back of the portals on some of these new maps!
- The command /ban no longer costs cheese.
- Complete removal of teleports (or portals).
- Reduced the general anti-cheat from eight seconds to five seconds.
- Limitation of portals, they are only available on some maps.
- Added portals (orange and blue teleports).
- Enabled anti-cheat.
- Inability to reach the hole with his cheese in less than eight seconds, otherwise you’re killed.
- Your friends now display a different color in game
- The / ban command will now cost you 2 cheese, and will only be available once an hour.
- Cyrillic is now available in the client. (?)
- 11 new items in the shop !
- New stackable accessories !
- Measures against cheating, in addition to the deletion of the executable. Automatic banning of a player if an attempt to cheat is detected by the server.
- Unable to play via the executable version and deleted the link to download.
- Unable to play in the browser via direct SWF.
- Forced to play via the homepage of Transformice.
- Added six new equipment to the shop!
- Added a “duck” animation (S or DOWN)
- Fixed bug on the round timer (We could not die).
- Removed the number of people in the top left of the game screen.
- Added flags to gain access to different servers.
- Improved mice sprite. (Design of mice)
- Improved the running animation.
- 10 new maps.
- Added a shop!
- WASD buttons can now be used for moving.
- Added two shortcuts: Press Ctrl or Shift to rotate objects.
- Added an animation for breathing: the mouse animates when stationary.
- Modified the appearance of the mouse hole (back to a simple hole, as in the beginning).
- Added friends list ^ _ ^
- A few small changes.
- Fixed avatars.
- You can now whisper to other players. (Type / C PlayerName Message)
- Press R to reply to a message.
- The grapple has been disabled.
- A new game mode: Two allied shamans.
- 40 new titles!
- Type / ban PlayerName to ban a player undesirable.
- 10 new maps including a new game mode: Two competing shamans!
- A little forum ^ ^
- Some changes in the rules.
- Additions and small graphics mods in the rules!
- Adding a little rank, type /ranking to view it.
- Click on a player name to view their profile, stats and titles.
- Added a little ranking for each round.
- The first three mice to gather the cheese earn more points (6, 4 and 2).
- Added counter.
- Unlock titles by gathering cheese as a mouse and shaman.
- A small thing to display news.
- The command / mute works.
- The grapple is less buggy :p
- 3 new maps!
- A grapple for the shaman *-*